Sunday 2 November 2014

Singapore's Heist of the Century



Zoom in to Singapore’s wealthiest building, the New World Bank. It has the most impenetrable security in the whole world. No one knows how much this guarded secret holds, but experts say that it estimates to 14 digit amounts. It has a security force of 5000 all armed with state of the art weapons like the M47 Snipers, Wrist Lasers, bio-weapons and if all else fails lethal cyborgs will do the clean-up. But surprising fact is that today this bank is getting robbed by me, Chenis Lawl, ace-escape artist.
Storing so much money in bank notes is tough work, so the government officials have compressed them into bars of solid money in air tight containers. This makes my job much easier. I have friends inside the security who leant me their ID, before attempting this heist I had to do plastic surgery to match my face proportionately to my friend’s face. I changed my finger print too. Soon the day of reckoning came; my friend also gave me his uniforms and weapons so I looked like his biological twin.

My shift started early morning at 4:00 AM, as I walked around the premise I spread the scent of sleeping gas, I was careful not to inhale it myself so I wore a mini mechanism which fit inside my nostrils and filtered the air I breathed. Around 7:00 AM all the guards were feeling lethargic. This was when I started my plan. I entered the building which had cameras and lasers following me like a hungry dog. I tapped my ID and fingerprint to the sensor and gained access to the vault room. It looked surprisingly small for a World Bank, but then I saw the bars of money and comforted myself. Now starts the second phase which depends highly on timing and skill.

First I shot viruses into the cameras which gave me full control; I played a video of the guards walking around doing their job and not slacking like they are now because of my knockout gas. Now my only worries were the lasers and the cyborgs which were hidden behind the walls, deadly in action. Did I mention how pliable I was? I slid through the moving lasers like needle sewing through thread and I reached the control room where I switched off the lasers. I also jammed the doors through which the cyborgs would enter. Now the timing plays its part. At exactly 8:22 all hell broke loose. I picked up 5 money bars which resulted in alarms blaring. I took out my grenades which blew a small hole through the windowless wall. I took a deep breathe in and took a leap of faith through the hole. I timed it perfectly; as I was falling I saw the cyborgs jump and start shooting at me. I brought up the indestructible surface of the money bar and the bullets just bounced off it. Also I saw an air drone swoop in and pick me up from the air; it was being manned by my assistant Alsen. The cyborgs hit the ground and blew up part of the bank; the flaming orange mushroom was too bright for any eye. I glanced back and saw big air tanks being deployed to blast us down, they are slow but nonetheless, Houston we have a chase in our hands.

Flying through Singapore’s skyline is challenging with all the towering skyscrapers and light shining off numerous glasses creating chiastic beams, nature’s own lasers. Experience and hard work had paid off in this city, we have made farming look pleasing and efficient. We have developed vertical farming where water is dropped down from the top floor and the soil takes as much as it needs, the rest seeps down to the level below and it continues. Also remember the Super Trees back in the old days in Gardens by the Bay? Now we use them to store gigantic amounts of energy by fusing solar cells to their normal photosynthetic cells. Using the properties of zinc, we have created bio-luminous trees which store solar power and glow up at night. Our roads are lined with these so we don’t even need street lamps anymore! Adds an aesthetic feel to the roads. Also we live up to our title – The Garden City of the New World.

Enough about farming now. Our Merlion – icon of Singapore now spews out what we are famous for, money, which falls into the river and is recycled back into the Merlion. It has become a tourist hotspot too. The come here to see our underground living spaces since our population has increased so much, to experience real sky dining with 360 degree rotating cabins, to see our new zoo filled with unusual tamed mutants, our star attraction being the “Lionocerangutangasaur”( Guess the names of the animals fused together). With all these scientific advances I’m proud to be a Singaporean. We have become a worldwide leader economically, culturally and politically. This is the City of the Future.

Sorry, got a bit carried off there. The high speed chase was still going on, my assistant flying out of the way just in time. After we gained some distance on them we doubled back and landed at our headquarters. “Good job agent Lawl”, said my boss “Another job well done”. “Seems like the security isn't as top notch as it’s supposed to be”, he added. “There are few loopholes in the government which I will track and set them right” but for now it’s time to return the money back from where it came from”.

Seems like I have some explanation to do- I work for the government and I’m not your typical robber. I test the security of various banks across the world and it was my assignment to rob the New World Bank. For me it’s a job well done and for you its –

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment